Water conditions. Chesil beach currently has wavelets with a small amount of surf, water clarity is good. Portland and Portland Harbour is a bit more exposed to the NE wind that is currently rising to 15mph, making fishing on the East side a bit uncomfortable. Water clarity on the East side is milky, with quite a bit of weed in the water. Weymouth high tide is at 1.38pm with just a s mall 1.39m tide.
For a full forecast of expected catches have a look at yesterdays report https://fishingtails.co.uk/?p=229
I have had quite a few people ask me if the Bass are around yet. They are around Kimmeridge and Worbarrow Bay, but not really around Portland or Chesil yet. I don’t really expect them to reach Portland until the end of the month.
Yes I have caught Bass this week, but the conditions were perfect and everything was in place for a good catch , but looking at the weather and tides for the next few days, nothing really lines up.
- Fishing Forecast for Chesil Beach, Portland & Weymouth. 11th September 2012Sorry everyone for the lack of updates but I have been so busy I have almost not even […]
- Fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Portland & Weymouth. 8th September 2012Lets make the most of this weather, as the winds are forecast to pick up a bit tomorrow […]
- Fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Portland & Weymouth. 3rd September 2012The beach has been on fire over the weekend. Plaice, Bream, Sole, Smoothound, Gurnard […]
- fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Portland & Weymouth. 31st September 2012Lovely day today and it is forecast for much the same for the next few days. I am afraid […]
- Fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Portland & Weymouth. 30th August 2012We still have strong winds today with a change in direction from SW to W then through to […]
- Fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Portland & Weymouth. 29th August 2012I finally managed to get my 200th lure caught Bass for the year yesterday. Getting the […]