I will keep this forecast short and sweet.
It is windy and wild out there. Stay at home with your fishing magazines and make some rigs up for the next time that you can get out again.
Wind is SW 30mph gusting 45mph. Chesil Beach is unfishable as is most of Portland. The water is very coloured, so much so that I doubt it will clear by Sunday, so if you are thinking of travelling down to Chesil for some Mackerel then you will be wasting your time. Bass fishing may well be good when the wind dies down a bit tomorrow, but the Sea conditions will take a bit longer to settle down.
Portland Harbour and Weymouth Beach will provide areas of shelter, but the water is coloured on both those beaches.
Kimmeridge will be very coloured so no good for lure fishing, but Winspit could prove a good bet for Bass and Ray. As usual big baits preferably crab will target the best fish.
Boat Fishing: Don’t even think about it for a couple of days.
- Fishing Forecast for Chesil Beach, Portland & Weymouth. 11th September 2012Sorry everyone for the lack of updates but I have been so busy I have almost not even […]
- Fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Portland & Weymouth. 3rd September 2012The beach has been on fire over the weekend. Plaice, Bream, Sole, Smoothound, Gurnard […]
- fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Portland & Weymouth. 31st September 2012Lovely day today and it is forecast for much the same for the next few days. I am afraid […]
- Fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Portland & Weymouth. 29th August 2012I finally managed to get my 200th lure caught Bass for the year yesterday. Getting the […]
- Fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Portland & Weymouth. 27th August 2012Well here we are on another typical bank holiday Monday. Rainy and over cast, but that […]
- Fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Portland & Weymouth. 21st August 2012Despite the fairly settled weather the water still remains with a lot more colour in it […]