I had no plans of doing a catch report until Monday, however the amount of fish coming in from all over makes a good post.
Boat fishing this past week has been incredible. Pollock are coming from both inshore and offshore marks in plentiful numbers. Another massive 30lb Turbot was caught on Friday from the Shambles and one of the biggest lure caught Wrasse ever, was landed on Tiger Lily this week, by Les Hannington.
The Wrasse took a Savage Gear Sandeel destined for a Pollock. Well done Les.
Shore fishing has been just as good with loads of Plaice, dabs and Smoothound coming from the west end of Chesil. Further towards Weymouth and Portland, they have been getting plenty of Smoothound and Pollock.
Get out there, get fishing and get catching. Send me your catch reports to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will add them to the blog. I will be starting a fish of the month competition soon with a prize for the winner. I just need to find a sponsor first.
- Fishing forecast for CHesil Beach, Portland & Weymouth. 20th July 2012It looks like we are going to be having a period of settled fairly calm weather. This […]
- Catch report for Chesil Beach, Weymouth, Portland & Kimmeridge Bay. 26th MarchAnother great weekend of fishing from all along the Dorset coast. The slowly increasing […]
- Catch report from Chesil Beach, Weymouth, Portland and Kimmeridge bayOnce again a great weekend's fishing has been and gone.
Despite the small tides, West […]
- Fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Portlnd & Weymouth. 11th August 2012The wind has switched to the East and picked up quite a bit. This could make for some […]
- Fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Weymouth, Portland & Kimmeridge Bay. 9th May 2012All change on the weather front again. Some pretty strong winds forecast for the next […]
- Fishing forecast for Chesil Beach, Weymouth, Portland & Kimmeridge Bay. 24th April 2012Another typical April day, with plenty of showers and wind coming from every direction […]